Microsoft Excel 2013: Pivots, Charts and Graphs
- Dennis Taylor
- 127 Pages
e-Books: Delivered electronically,
Books/DVDs/CDs: 7-10 business days,
Newsletters: Delivered monthly
Boost Your Productivity, Save Time, and Become a More Proficient Excel User!
Microsoft Excel 2013: Pivots, Charts and Graphs is a special manual developed by the staff of Dartnell and authored by Excel expert Dennis Taylor. It’s designed to take you through advanced Excel features so that you can leverage Excel’s vast functionality for greater productivity.
A great deal of work on Excel is about working with formulas and functions. Excel has over 450 built-in functions; this book will cover some of the major ones. Excel is used in a variety of different ways depending on the requirements; however, two important functions that are often used and which will be covered here in detail are the IF function and the VLOOKUP function. This book will cover the different ways they can be used. VLOOKUP is considered one of the most important functions in Excel and is widely used.
The Microsoft Excel 2013: Pivots, Charts and Graphs book consists of four sections which will cover in detail the most common formulas and functions used in Excel to analyze data; creating, formatting and the use of PivotTables for the analysis of data; usage of graphs and charts to present important data in a visually appealing format, especially for reports and presentations, along with the use of keystroke shortcuts and power tips to make the use of Excel efficient and productive.
This book uses Excel 2013. For users of Excel 2010, the ribbon menu system is the same as Excel 2013, although it has a slightly different visual appearance. Most of the functions in Excel 2013 and 2010 are the same as well.
In this book, Dennis will providing you with examples within the context of Excel worksheets, coupling them both with real-life examples that he has encountered in his vast consulting experience. You will receive productivity tips, accelerator tools and shortcuts that will guide you in using Excel to its fullest potential.
- Nuts and bolts of mastering Excel 2013 formulas and functions
- The IF function (with AND and OR)
- The powerful VLOOKUP function
- Selected statistical, date, financial, and mathematical functions
- Shortcuts to formula-building and using formula-auditing tools
- Use of PivotTable to manage large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Creating PivotTables from multiple input sources (different worksheets and workbooks)
- Accentuate currently being shown (and hidden) field elements using Slicers
- How to select source data for a chart from non-adjacent ranges or from multiple sheets
- Learn the fastest ways to create a chart – one keystroke shortcut to create a chart on the same sheet as the source data; another keystroke shortcut to create a chart on a separate sheet
- Navigate seamlessly through workbooks and worksheets with keystroke and mouse shortcuts
- Using simple dragging instead of multi-step command sequences to copy or move data
About the Author
Dennis Taylor has taught thousands of Excel seminars and classes since the early 90's, is the author/presenter of over 250 Excel webinars, and authored the book Teach Yourself Microsoft Excel 2000. He has taught hundreds of public Excel seminars in the US and Canada since 2006 and has recorded over 100 Excel courses both for online and DVD distribution.