by Amy Palermo
Your model may not have perfect skin but you can enhance it in Photoshop. While you shouldn’t consider every skin blemish unattractive or necessary to hide, there might be times when you’ll want a soft, flawless look.
To enhance your model’s skin in Photoshop:
- Drag your image layer to the Create A New Layer button at the base of the Layers panel to duplicate the layer.
- With the new layer selected, choose Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur, and move the blur slider to the right until your model’s skin is to your liking. For Figure A, we set the blur to 5.
- Set the blurred layer’s opacity to 60%.
- Click on the Add A Layer Mask button at the base of the Layers panel to add a layer mask to this layer.
- Select the Brush tool from the Tools panel, set the foreground color to black, and with the mask thumbnail selected, paint over all the areas on the copied layer except for the model’s skin, for results shown in Figure B.