by Amy Palermo
If you’re printing with spot colors along with or instead of 4-color inks, you’ll probably need to designate spot channels in one or more of your Photoshop files. You can do so in a number of ways, one of which is to convert an alpha channel into a spot channel.
To convert an alpha channel into a spot channel:
- Double-click on the alpha channel in the Channels panel.
- In the resulting Channel Options dialog box, select the Spot Channel radio button.
- Click on the color swatch to open the Color Picker, and then click the Color Libraries button to access your color libraries.
- Set the color options to suit your needs and click OK.
- Click OK in the Channel Options dialog box.